Sound Transit in the News: Record Ridership and Double Deckers
Your weekly list of Sound Transit stories.
- Link light rail broke two records in May: most total riders (>2 million) and highest average weekday boardings (73,000). Read the ridership report.
- We debuted our newest Double Decker buses on Thursday. By the end of the year, all Snohomish County Sound Transit buses will use double deckers.
- A Washington DC visitor rode our and Metro's services all day for $3, and had some nice things to say about ORCA and agency integration.
- ICYMI: we ran trains until 2am on July 4, the first time we've done so. Consider this a dry run for possible future opportunities, like New Years Eve.
- Link may not be reaching Bellevue until 2023, but new apartments in the Spring District are already opening up. 2,000 residents will live in the Spring District upon full buildout, and there will be a Link station at 120th Ave NE.
- Sounder service will run all weekend, a rare occurrence. Catch the train to Sounders match on Saturday, or the Mariners matinee on Sunday.
- Check out our Instagram feed for an underground walk between Northgate and Roosevelt stations!