East Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Apr 28, 2017: Overlake Transit Center park-and-ride closing May 1
- Apr 28, 2017: Site preparation in BelRed
- Apr 18, 2017: South Bellevue Park-and-Ride scheduled to close May 30, 2017
- Apr 13, 2017: Attention Overlake Transit Center users: All park-and-ride spaces are closing May 1 for East Link construction
- Link light rail
Start of service:
East Link will give riders a fast, frequent and reliable connection between the Eastside's biggest population and employment centers and destinations across King, Pierce and Snohomish counties. When East Link opens, passengers will be able to ride over 50 miles of light rail with other new extensions also open north to Lynnwood and south to Kent/Des Moines.
- Final Design
Length: 14 miles
- Mercer Island to University of Washington: 20 minutes
- South Bellevue to Sea-Tac Airport: 50 minutes
- Overlake Transit Center to Bellevue Transit Center: 10 minutes
Rider projection: About 50,000 riders will use East Link every day by 2030.
Budget: $3.7 billion
- East King County
- New I-90 HOV lanes nearly ready for trafficApr 28, 2017: SEATTLE – Drivers should plan ahead for longer weekend travel times on Interstate 90 across Lake Washington as weekend work to a...
- Overlake Transit Center park-and-ride closing May 1Apr 28, 2017: Construction of the Redmond Technology Center light rail station is about to begin.
- South Bellevue park-and-ride to close May 30Apr 18, 2017: Commuters are encouraged to explore other options before East Link light rail construction begins at the site.