236th Street SW night and weekend closures
Over several weeks in June, Sound Transit’s contractor will work at night at 236th St. SW and the NB I-5 off-ramp to continue to build the elevated trackway. Detours will be provided (see map). Emergency vehicles and buses will be allowed through the closure. The contractor has obtained a Temporary Noise Variance to complete this work.
Nightly closures and detours will be in effect from 9 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- Monday, July 19 – Thursday, July 22
- Monday, July 26 – Thursday, July 29
- Monday, August 2 – Thursday, August 5
- Monday, August 9 – Thursday, August 12
Full Weekend Closure
- 9 p.m. Friday, July 23 – 5 a.m. Monday, July 26
- 236th St. SW will be closed; vehicles must turn left on 56th Ave W, right onto 244th St. W and continue on to I-5.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Please be prepared for delays while this work takes place.