In this alert: Weekend ramp closures, Weekday construction traffic impacts, Early morning concrete pours, and Reminder of ongoing closures
Weekend of March 10-11, closure of three ramps from I-90 to Bellevue Way SE and the Bellevue Way SE to I-90 west HOV ramp
Crews will continue work on drilled shafts adjacent to the I-90 ramps and SE 30th. Sound Transit's contractor plans to close all ramps from I-90 to Bellevue Way SE from Saturday, March 10th at 5:30 a.m. through 9 p.m. on Sunday, March 11th. Work in the area is expected to begin at 6 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Crews will also install a concrete pad near the southbound bus stop, across from the station site. The pad will serve as a foundation for temporary bike racks which will be installed in the near future.
During the closure of the I-90 to northbound Bellevue Way SE ramps, all lanes of Bellevue Way SE will remain open and drivers traveling southbound on Bellevue Way SE will continue to have access to eastbound and westbound I-90.
1. All lanes of Bellevue Way SE between the Wye at 112th Ave SE and I-90 will remain open.
2. Ramps from southbound Bellevue Way SE to westbound and eastbound I-90 will remain open. The Bellevue Way SE to I-90 HOV ramp will be closed.
3. No access from I-90 to northbound Bellevue Way SE
4. The sidewalk on Bellevue Way Southeast in this area is also closed; people biking and walking should seek alternate routes.
5. Northbound Bus stops on Bellevue Way Southeast, south of the Wye at 112th Avenue Southeast will be closed and riders will need to use alternate stops located on Bellevue Way Southeast, north of the Wye. The southbound stop, across from the station site on Bellevue Way Southeast, will also be closed, and riders will need to use alternate stops located on Bellevue Way Southeast, north of the Wye. The stop located south of the station site on the west side of Bellevue Way SE will remain open.
6. Detour from I-90 to Bellevue Way SE and 112th Ave SE via I-405 and SE 8th.
Weekday construction traffic impacts: Week of March 12-16
Monday, 5 a.m. to Thursday 3 p.m.: Over the next two weeks, the Bellevue Way SE to I-90 west HOV ramp will be closed from 5 a.m. on Monday thorough 3 p.m. on Thursday.
112th Avenue SE
Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Daily closures of one northbound lane of 112th Avenue SE, between Bellevue Way SE and Main Street.
Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.: As needed, in order to complete utility work and facilitate wall construction, Sound Transit's contractor may close one southbound lane of 112th Avenue SE, between SE 8th Street and Bellevue Way SE.
Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Daily closures of one southbound lane of 112th Avenue SE, between Main Street and SE 8th Street.
Bellevue Way SE
Monday-Friday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.: Daily closures of one northbound lane of Bellevue Way SE, between the South Bellevue Station site and the Wye at 112th Avenue SE.
Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.: As needed, crews will close one southbound lane of Bellevue Way SE, between the Wye at 112th Avenue SE and SE 30th.
Early morning work at I-90 in Bellevue
Crews plan to begin work between east and westbound I-90 as early as 4 a.m. Monday-Friday, March 12th-16th.
In order to complete necessary work and reopen the Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp by 3 p.m. each day, crews need to begin work earlier. Crews will minimize noisier activities to normal working hours, M-F 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and equipment/vehicles will utilize broadband backup alarms. Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours along Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in the area south of the future South Bellevue Station site.
Reminder of ongoing closures
For information on previously announced long-term and ongoing closures click here.
- Daily/overnight closure of the Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp
- Sidewalk closures and detours on Bellevue Way Southeast and 112th Avenue Southeast
- Closure of Southeast 15th at 112th Avenue Southeast
- Winters House and Blueberry Farm Closure and new temporary lot