Closure of I-5 Northbound for night work
As early as Friday, January 22, Sound Transit’s contractor will close the I-5 Northbound lanes at Exit 177, SR 104, where traffic will be detoured to SR 99. The closure is necessary to perform work for the Lynnwood Link Light Rail extension section crossing I-5. Southbound I-5 will remain open in this area. This work will support the trackway that will cross over I-5. Work performed will be along the northbound shoulder as well as in the center median of I-5 near the Mountlake Terrace Freeway station. The contractor has obtained a Temporary Noise Variance to complete this work. This work will be done at night only per the hours listed below.
Construction of structural supports for the light rail bridge over I-5.
- Friday, January 22, through Saturday, January 23, 11:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
- Saturday, January 23, through Sunday, January 24, 11:00 p.m. – 6:30 a.m.
- Sunday, January 24, through Monday, January 25, 11:00 p.m. - 4:30 a.m.
I-5 northbound shoulder and center median of I-5. Between 228th St SW and 236th Place SW (see map for detour information).
- Uniformed police officers will be present, during this closure, to manage traffic at the following intersections:
- 220th St SW I-5 NB on and off ramps
- 220th St SW/SR 99
- SR 104/SR 99
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.