Construction update: Upcoming construction traffic impacts Monday, Nov. 26 – Tuesday, Jan. 1
In order to safely construct East Link's aerial guideway in south Bellevue, Sound Transit is planning the following closures:
Monday-Thursday (Friday morning) night closures, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: As needed, the southbound I-405 to westbound I-90 HOV ramp and the I-90 westbound HOV lane between I-405 and the East Channel Bridge.
Bellevue Way Southeast
Weekday lane closures are not expected on Bellevue Way Southeast between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day.
112th Avenue Southeast
Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.: As needed, daily lane closures of 112th Avenue Southeast, between Main Street and Southeast 8th Street. Two-way traffic will be maintained at all times. People walking, biking and driving should follow the direction of flaggers to safely reach their destination.
Reminder of ongoing closures
- Bellevue Way Southeast reversible lane configuration (no weekday closures between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day)
- Sidewalk closures and detours on Bellevue Way Southeast and 112th Avenue Southeast
- Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp long term closure
- 112th Avenue Southeast bypass road
- Closure of Southeast 15th at 112th Avenue Southeast
- Winters House and Blueberry Farm Closure and new temporary lot
Get more information on previously announced long-term and ongoing closures here.
Upcoming night work over I-90
Work continues on the cast-in-place long span rail bridge over I-90. Ramp and lane closures will be necessary to safely construct the long span bridge, and temporary light plants will be used to illuminate the work area.
Monday-Thursday night (Friday morning) 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: Work to construct the long-span bridges over I-90 is expected to continue into mid-2019. Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
Get more information on long-span construction here.