I-90 Nighttime Construction Begins As Early As September 18
Crews working for Sound Transit will begin overnight work on the I-90 floating bridge to prepare for post-tensioning work inside the pontoons. As early as Monday, September 18 and lasting until late October, work will occur nightly from 7 p.m. until 7 a.m., Monday – Saturday. This work is occurring at night to ensure it is completed ahead of the limited work window during the upcoming wet weather months. Work hours may change and are weather dependent.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Crews will work from 7 p.m. – 7 a.m. Monday -Saturday. (Work hours may change and are weather dependent.)
- Crews will lift steel reinforcements into the floating bridge pontoons. A forklift will be used to deliver the steel to pontoon hatches and then will be moved by hand into the pontoons.
- Broadband back-up alarms will be used to minimize noise.
- Generators will be used and will be shielded to minimize noise.
- Work activities will be monitored to comply with City of Seattle noise ordinances.