Intersection Closure of 132nd Avenue NE and NE Spring Blvd. in Bellevue
Beginning on Monday, August 28 and lasting for approximately two weeks, Sound Transit’s contractor will be working in the intersection of 132nd Avenue NE and NE Spring Blvd in BelRed. There will be full intersection closures and traffic/lane shifts during this time. Crews will be installing a new utility duct bank and sewer line underneath NE Spring Blvd.
What to Expect:
- Full intersection closure of 132nd Avenue NE and NE Spring Blvd. (recommended detours will be signed and in place)
- Business access to be maintained during construction
- On-street parking restrictions on 132nd Avenue NE and NE Spring Blvd
- Sidewalk closures on 132nd Ave NE with pedestrian detour in place
- Closure will be in effect during daytime and nighttime hours
City of Bellevue Fire Department training exercise
Sound Transit is collaborating with the City of Bellevue Fire Department to provide an opportunity for fire department training exercises planned to take place Friday, August 25, through the weekend and into the week of August 28. During daytime and nighttime hours, fire department personnel will utilize the vacant building within the Sound Transit work zone at the southwest corner of NE Spring Blvd and 134th Ave NE that will be demolished as part of the East Link light rail project, to train in fire suppression and rescue skills.
What to expect:
- You may see Fire Department vehicles parked within or nearby the work zone.
- Exercises in session will sound like a chain saw running.
- Training is expected to take place during the daytime and nighttime hours.
- Training exercises are anticipated to extend through the weekend and wrap up early during the week of August 28.
For more information about City of Bellevue Fire Department training exercises, contact Marie Jensen at email@example.com or 425-452-2064.
Upcoming nighttime closures of 136th Pl NE
Nighttime closures of 136th Pl NE will begin as early as September 5 and last approximately three weeks. During these nighttime closures, crews will construct the permanent stormwater bypass system that will carry stormwater in a channel beneath the roadway, across 136th Pl NE. Preparation for this work will begin during the week of August 28 and will include a work zone alongside 136th Pl NE with flaggers and intermittent single lane closures.
What to expect during the week of August 28:
- Flaggers and intermittent single-lane closures while crews work alongside 136th Pl NE.
- Typical work hours are 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
What to expect as early as September 5:
- Local access only to businesses on 136th Pl NE during nighttime hours, approximately 8:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
- Nighttime closures are anticipated to last approximately three weeks.
- Nighttime access will still be available to businesses with evening hours or those that receive deliveries.
- Through traffic will be prohibited during trenching across the roadway, with recommended traffic control in place.
- All traffic control plans are reviewed and approved by the City of Bellevue.
- 136th Pl NE will be open to through traffic during daytime hours.
For the latest information and project updates specific to the BelRed area near the future Bel-Red / 130th Station, sign up for alerts at www.soundtransit.org/subscribe.