Opening of the Mountlake Terrace parking lot at 59th Place and new bus loop
On Sunday, March 7, Sound Transit’s contractor will open the parking lot at 59th Place off 236th St SW. This parking lot is located on the eastern half of the MLT Transit Center. The new bus loop is being placed in order to prepare for guideway construction of the Lynnwood Link Light Rail Extension. This new bus loop is temporary and will be in use until the Link light rail opens in 2024.
Opening of parking lot at 59th Place and new bus loop.
Sunday, February 21, 7:00 a.m.
59th Place off of 236th St SW (see map).
- Routes 111, 112, 119 and KC Metro 347 will use bay 1 in the new bus loop.
- Routes 130, 870, 871 will use the stops on 236th St SW in front of the transit center
- The transit center parking garage and freeway station (bays 6 - 7) remain open.
- Customers transferring between the new bus loop and bays 6 – 7 at the freeway station should prepare for a total walking time of approximately seven minutes.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.