Overnight work at I-90 and Lakeside Avenue South
Beginning as early as Monday, February 17, another traction power substation (TPSS) will be installed along the East Link Extension near Lakeside Avenue South and I-90. To safely complete this work, there will be lane closures on westbound I-90 along the floating bridge from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Due to the size of the delivery, the truck carrying the TPSS unit will be led by pilot vehicles as it travels to the delivery site. During this time, drivers may notice slower traffic along I-90, including at on- and off-ramps. Temporary light plants and generators may be used, and noise from the crane placing the unit may be noticeable. Lighting will be directed downward away from nearby homes to the greatest extent possible, and noise mitigation measures will be in place to minimize impacts.
Traction power substation (TPSS) delivery
- Monday, February 17 from 11 p.m. – 5 a.m. Tuesday, February 18
- Tuesday, February 18 from 11 p.m. – 5 a.m. Wednesday, February 19
- Wednesday, February 19 from 11 p.m. – 5 a.m. Thursday, February 20
- Lakeside Avenue South and westbound I-90 along the floating bridge
- Traffic control will be in place. Follow signage and direction of flaggers near the work zone.
- Traffic may be held for short periods on Lakeside Avenue South and the I-90 trail along westbound I-90 during overnight work hours.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.