Partial Closure at Ridgecrest Park (Parking Lot)
Starting as early as August 13 Sound Transit will be closing the parking lot and western most portion of Ridgecrest Park to start tree removal, sewer main relocation and then construction of the light rail guideway. Two Sound Transit owned houses east of the parking lot will also be demolished and a new parking lot constructed. This is part of the Lynnwood Link Extension early work construction. Sound Transit will be clearing and grading the area to allow clearance for equipment to maneuver safely while constructing the guideway. Public park users may park on NE 161st Street and pedestrian access will be maintained into the park with flaggers on site of the construction work zone to escort pedestrians. The new parking lot for the park is anticipated to open to the public in approximately a year and a half.
- Pedestrian access to the park will remain open (see map).
- Public parking lot will be closed to parking and park visitors may park on the street.
- Northeast 159th Street will be closed just east of 1st Avenue Northeast (see map).
- Northeast 161st Street will be closed to through traffic just east of 1st Avenue, but will be open to truck traffic.
- Flaggers and spotters will be on site to help direct pedestrians to the park.
- Access to occupied residences will be maintained.
- As early as August 13 work will continue for approximately three to four years.
- New public parking lot anticipated to be open to the public in about a year and a half.
- Work hours are from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
- Night and weekend work may occur if necessary.
- 1st Avenue Northeast between Northeast 158th and Northeast 161st Street (see map).
- Ridgecrest Park parking lot and outer west side of park.