Permanent closure of SE 1st Place as early as Friday, March 25, followed by demolition of structures in April
Construction is set to begin as early as March 25 on East Link's downtown Bellevue tunnel contract. The first phase of the work, located at the south portal site (pictured below), includes the permanent closure of the portion of SE 1st Place at 112th Avenue SE, along with installation of temporary fencing and erosion control. Once these activities are completed, Sound Transit's contractor will begin preparing structures for demolition. Demolition of the existing structures should begin in April, with tree removal and site grading following shortly thereafter.
What to expect:
- Work hours between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., M-F (occasional Saturday work may occur).
- A safe and secure work site.
- Contractor employee parking located outside of neighborhood streets.
- The adjacent sidewalk along both 112th and Main Street will be closed during this phase of activity. Pedestrian detours will be posted.
- Intermittent lane closures on 112th and Main Street with advance notice.
Sound Transit's contractor will work throughout this spring and summer preparing the site for tunneling, which will likely begin this fall, after a temporary sound wall is built around the south portal site.
For more information