Puget Sound Energy to continue work on Bellevue Way this weekend
In preparation for East Link light rail construction in the South Bellevue area, Puget Sound Energy will be performing pavement restoration work this weekend, July 9-10. This work requires closing the eastbound I-90 off-ramps to Bellevue Way Southeast. Puget Sound Energy crews will also close one traffic lane in each direction along Bellevue Way Southeast near Southeast 30th Street. Sound Transit's construction in the South Bellevue area is anticipated to begin late this year.
Separately, Washington State Department of Transportation and Sound Transit construction crews will reduce eastbound I-90 traffic to one lane this weekend and detour vehicles to the express lanes. Work will begin at 11 p.m. Friday, July 8 and last through 5 a.m. on Monday, July 11. This work is part of the I-90 Two-Way Transit project. Visit the project website for more information.
What to expect:
- Signed detours to SE 8th Street via I-405 will accommodate the closure of the eastbound I-90 off-ramps to Bellevue Way Southeast.
- Sound Transit's Route 550 eastbound will re-route to the Richards Road/Factoria Boulevard exit before re-entering westbound I-90 and exiting onto Bellevue Way Southeast.
- The closure of one traffic lane in each direction along Bellevue Way near Southeast 30th Street.
- Work hours between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Traffic control signs and flaggers to guide vehicles, pedestrians and bicyclists through the work zone.
- Noise from trucks and heavy machinery.
Visit Puget Sound Energy's project webpage. If you have additional questions about this weekend's work, contact Kim Lane, Puget Sound Energy Senior Project Manager at 1-888-404-8733 or MajorProjects@pse.com.
24-hour construction hotline: 888-298-2395