Ramp and lane closures between I-90 and Bellevue Way Southeast
Crews working to build Sound Transit's East Link project in south Bellevue continue installation of precast concrete girders during the week of Nov. 12. Ramp and lane closures will be necessary to safely complete installation of girders and temporary light plants will be used to illuminate the work area. See map below.
Ramp and lane closures associated with this work:
Monday, Nov. 12-Thursday Nov. 15: night closure, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.:
- Eastbound I-90 to northbound Bellevue Way
- Eastbound I-90 to northbound Bellevue Way HOV ramp
- Westbound I-90 to northbound Bellevue Way
- Southbound Bellevue Way Southeast to eastbound I-90 ramp
- Drivers should follow detour signs to reach their destination.
- During the above closures bus service will detour off Bellevue Way Southeast, missing stops on Bellevue Way Southeast between the 'Y' at 112th Avenue Southeast and I-90. Riders should access transit at stops on Bellevue Way Southeast, north of the 'Y' at 112th Avenue Southeast
- Expect noise from cranes, lifts, light plants and associated equipment during work hours.
Installation is expected Monday-Thursday night between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
South Bellevue, Bellevue Way Southeast between I-90 and Southeast 30th St.
- Precast concrete girders measuring 80-120' long and each weighing up to 205,000 lbs. will be trucked in and lifted into place using large mobile cranes.
- Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
Outreach Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-903-7177
After-hours construction hotline: 888-298-2395
Upcoming construction traffic impacts Saturday, Nov. 10 – Wednesday, Nov. 21
In order to safely construct East Link's aerial guideway in south Bellevue, Sound Transit is planning the following closures:
Monday-Thursday (Friday morning) night closures, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: The southbound I-405 to westbound I-90 HOV ramp and the I-90 westbound HOV lane between I-405 and the East Chanel Bridge.
I-90 Bike trail and 108th Avenue Southeast
Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. As needed: In order to install a storm drain line, crews will close one lane of 108th Avenue Southeast near Enatai Beach Park, Sound Transit's contractor will reduce 108th Avenue Southeast to one lane between Southeast 34th Street and Southeast Lake Road. Flaggers will be onsite actively directing traffic. During the closure, people on bikes will be asked to dismount and walk their bikes through the work area. People biking and driving should follow the direction of flaggers to safely reach their destination. During non-work hours, metal plates will cover the work area, but people biking and driving should proceed with caution.
Bellevue Way Southeast
In order to work in the eastside curb lane while maintaining two lanes of traffic in the peak direction (northbound 6-10 a.m. and southbound 2-6 p.m.) crews will use the 'southbound center lane' as a reversible traffic lane. At times, northbound vehicles will travel in what is normally a southbound lane.
Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Work is underway on the light rail trench and guideway adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, between the South Bellevue Station site and the 'Y' at 112th Avenue Southeast. Throughout the project, two lanes will be maintained in the peak direction: northbound in the morning and southbound in the afternoon. Sound Transit's contractor will use cones and lane delineators to guide traffic along Bellevue Way Southeast. Please follow the direction of flaggers and signage to safely access your destination.
Monday, Nov. 5-Wednesday Nov. 7: Occasional closures of two eastside lanes. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction.
More info on what to expect can be found at the East Link long-term and ongoing closures page.
112th Avenue Southeast
Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: As needed, daily lane closures of 112th Avenue Southeast, between Main Street and Southeast 8th Street. Two-way traffic will be maintained at all times. People walking, biking and driving should follow the direction of flaggers to safely reach their destination.
Reminder of ongoing closures
- Bellevue Way Southeast reversible lane configuration
- Sidewalk closures and detours on Bellevue Way Southeast and 112th Avenue Southeast
- Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp long term closure
- 112th Avenue Southeast bypass road
- Closure of Southeast 15th at 112th Avenue Southeast
- Winters House and Blueberry Farm Closure and new temporary lot
Get more information on previously announced long-term and ongoing closures here.
Upcoming night work over I-90
In addition to the night work needed to install precast concrete girders in south Bellevue, work continues on the cast-in-place long span rail bridge over I-90. Ramp and lane closures will be necessary to safely complete installation of girders and temporary light plants will be used to illuminate the work area.
Monday-Thursday night (Friday morning) 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: Girder installation will continue for approximately two weeks. Night work to construct the long-span bridges over I-90 is expected to continue into mid-2019. Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
Get more information on long-span construction here.