Rolling Slowdowns Planned on Interstate-5
Beginning February 24th Sound Transit will be conducting rolling slowdowns on Interstate-5. This work is part of Sound Transit’s Lynnwood Link Extension Project to construct the guideway. The rolling slowdown will continue for 7.5 miles up to Northeast 185th Street.
- The Washington State Patrol vehicles will be leading the rolling slowdowns.
- There will be two rolling slowdowns in the duration of the work.
- Each rolling slowdown will be approximately 15-minutes inside the work hours.
- Drivers should expect delays rolling slowdown.
- Crews will be relocating utility lines during the rolling slowdown.
- The rolling slowdown will start Wednesday, February 24th at 1:00am and end at 3:00am.
- Rolling slowdown will enter I-5 North bound at Harvard Ave East and will continue for 7.5 miles to Northeast 185th Street.
- Rolling slowdown will end I-5 Sound bound at 128th Street Southwest (State Route 96) and continue at 164th Southwest (exit 183) and will continue for 7.5 miles to Northeast 185th Street.