Sound wall removal and early restoration work at Roosevelt Station near Northeast 67th Street
Starting as early as Aug. 5th, during normal business hours, Sound Transit's contractor will be using excavation equipment to remove the green sound wall and begin early restoration work near Northeast 67th Street.
Sound wall removal and demolition of a temporary concrete wall:
- Monday, Aug. 5th to approximately Friday, Aug. 9th, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Utility work and road pavement work:
- Monday, Aug. 12th to approximately Friday, Aug. 30th, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
All work will be done within the construction work site, on the north end near NE 67th Street between Roosevelt Way NE and 12th Ave NE (see map).
- Residents near Northeast 67th Street can expect to hear increased noise during regular working hours (especially during sound wall removal and demolition work) and chain link fence installation in place of the green sound wall.
- Spotters will be utilized while working near right-of-way. At this time, impediments to sidewalks, parking spaces, or road travel is not foreseen.
- Equipment used: Excavator, backhoe, dump trucks, jackhammers, hoe-packs.