Upcoming construction traffic impacts Monday, February 4-Friday, February 8
UPDATED 2/6/2019: This activity has been postponed until further notice due to weather. A new schedule will be included in a future alert.
Work continues on the cast-in-place long span rail bridge over I-90. Crews plan to close all ramps from I-405 to westbound I-90 to advance the ‘traveler crane’ over I-90. See map below.
Wednesday (Thursday morning) night closures, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change. This work is scheduled for Wednesday, February 6th (Thursday morning) but the contractor may shift the work to Thursday, February 7th (Friday morning)
- Ramp closures: I-405 south to I-90 west HOV ramp, I-405 south to I-90 west general purpose ramp, I-405 north to I-90 west HOV ramp; Richards Road and SE 32nd to westbound I-90
- Lane closures: I-90 westbound HOV lane, I-90 westbound left general purpose lane, I-90 westbound right general purpose lane
- I-405 to I-90 detour: from I-405, drivers should follow detour signs to I-90 east. Exit at 150th Ave SE toward Eastgate Way then proceed to the westbound I-90 exit toward Seattle.
- Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
Outreach Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-903-7177
After-hours construction hotline: 888-298-2395
Reminder of ongoing closures
- Bellevue Way Southeast reversible lane configuration
- Sidewalk closures and detours on Bellevue Way Southeast and 112th Avenue Southeast
- Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp long term closure
- 112th Avenue Southeast daytime lane reductions
- 112th Avenue Southeast bypass road
- Closure of Southeast 15th at 112th Avenue Southeast
- Winters House and Blueberry Farm Closure and new temporary lot
Get more information on previously announced long-term and ongoing closures here.
Upcoming night work over I-90
Work continues on the cast-in-place long span rail bridge over I-90. Ramp and lane closures will be necessary to safely complete installation of girders and temporary light plants will be used to illuminate the work area.
Monday-Thursday night (Friday morning) 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.: Work to construct the long-span bridges over I-90 is expected to continue into mid-2019. Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
Get more information on long-span construction here.