Upcoming lanes closures on 112th Avenue SE
Beginning Monday, March 5th, Sound Transit's contractor will be performing utility work, in preparation for the overhead traffic light at the Hilton parking lot access and upcoming East Main Station. Construction will occur during the day and requires lane closures on 112th Avenue Southeast between Main Street and Southeast 6th Street.
What to expect
- Traffic flows through 112th Avenue Southeast between Main Street and Southeast 6th Street will be altered; sidewalk closures and lane closures will be required.
- 2-way traffic will be maintained at all times.
- Approved work hours are Monday through Friday: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. for 1 lane closure; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for multiple lane closures.
- The work is expected to take approximately 2 – 3 months to complete.
- Signed detours will be in place for motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists.
- Flaggers will be actively assisting with driveway movements in addition to a supplemental "HOTEL ACCESS" detour (maintaining a safe route at all times for patron/employee access).
- Hilton and Red Lion parking lot access driveways along 112th Avenue Southeast may be partially or fully closed during construction activities.
- Types of equipment used will be generators, excavators, loaders, trucks, trailers, disposal, recycling, and street sweepers.