Weekend closures on Northeast 6th Street in downtown Bellevue
Beginning on Friday, July 20th, Sound Transit's contractor will fully close Northeast 6th Street between 110th and 112th Avenues Northeast. Our contractor will be replacing utilities underneath the roadway in preparation for the East Link light rail downtown Bellevue station near Bellevue City Hall. This work is anticipated to take four weekends to complete. Local access to Bravern and Meydenbauer Center parking garage access will remain open while construction is occurring.
What to expect:
- Work is scheduled to occur Friday morning at 7 a.m. to Monday morning at 6 a.m.
- This work is anticipated to take 4-5 weekends.
- The sidewalk will be closed along the south side of Northeast 6th Street adjacent to the work area. The sidewalk along the north side of Northeast 6th Street will remain open while work is occurring.
- Barriers and signage will prohibit vehicles and pedestrians from entering the work zone. Detour and signage will be in place.
- Uniformed police officers will direct traffic as needed.
- Access to Meydenbauer Center will be available for all upcoming events while work is occurring.