The following people are members of the Citizen Oversight Panel and provide oversight on behalf of the citizens of the Sound Transit district.
Fred G. Auch
Mr. Auch is the recently retired Regional Vice President of PCL Construction Services where he worked on many complex transportation and commercial construction projects as a project manager, district manager, and senior executive for over 30 years. He has expertise in managing the budgetary, schedule, personnel, and regulatory challenges of large capital projects. Mr. Auch is also skilled in design-build, GC/CM and other contracting approaches. As a resident of Bellevue and an active member of the Bellevue Rotary Club, Mr. Auch has a strong connection to many Eastside constituencies.
Ms. Berlin has retired from a career at King County Metro where she worked as Chief in the King County Metro Transit Control Center, as a First Line Supervisor and as a Communications Coordinator. She has 32 years of experience as a transit professional and brings knowledge of regional transit issues, business management, public policy development or review and government processes. She currently resides in Edmonds, WA.
Sharon Grader, Vice Chair
Ms. Grader is a resident of Edmonds and has experience in planning transit projects throughout the United States. With more than 25 years communicating engineering and architectural concepts, Sharon has designed graphics and developed document layouts for many engineering and planning materials including manuals, environmental publications, public involvement, project visualization, and multimedia presentations. Prior to her retirement in 2014, she served as the lead graphic designer for the 2014 update to Sound Transit’s Long Range Plan Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement.
Scott Lampe, Chair
Mr. Lampe has a background in civil/environmental engineering and holds an MBA in finance. He has experience with policy implementation through work on the Bellevue Transportation Commission. His experience in finance includes review of operating budgets, development of rating agency presentations, performing economic analyses of long-term capital projects, and development of long-term strategic plans. Mr. Lampe has had past involvement as a member of the public in the shaping of the East Link project.
Daniel (Dan) Parker
Mr. Parker lives in Auburn and previously served on Sound Transit’s Performance Audit Committee as a citizen member. He has past work experience as an engineering business owner and manager, and served as a member and chair of the Washington State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors. He has experience in nearly all of the various experience areas sought by the Citizen Oversight Panel.
Dr. Peyton is a resident of Kent and an Economics and Statistics faculty member at Highline College. He has worked with the Soundside Alliance sub-regional economic development group. Dr. Peyton has participated in the stakeholders’ group for the Kent/Des Moines/Highline College station area. He has experience with budget and project management in the public sector and familiarity with issues around public services and government processes.
Ms. Powell is currently the manager of radiology grants administration for the University of Washington and has prior experience in the healthcare field in both administration and research capacities. She has a Master's degree in Analytical Chemistry as well as Bachelor of Science degrees in Chemistry and Biochemistry. She brings experience in the areas of business management, public facilities and services, financial management and government processes. She currently resides in Lynnwood, WA.
William (Bill) Roach
Mr. Roach has practical experience in innovative transportation services and incentives through his management career at King County Metro. Mr. Roach began King County’s ridesharing program in 1974 and developed the first public vanpool program in 1979. In addition, Bill served 19 years on the Washington State Commute Trip Reduction Board and helped develop the Commute Trip Reduction Law.
Lawrence (Larry) R. Sauvé
Mr. Sauvé lives in Seattle and has been involved in transit planning and development for many years. He currently teaches the Transit Systems Planning class at the University of Washington. He was a project manager for several transit plans prepared for local cities in the central Puget Sound area. He has experience in public facilities and services, public policy development or review, and government processes.
Daniel (Dan) Santon
Mr. Santon lives in SeaTac and currently works as part of the Vehicle Maintenance Data Management team for King County Metro, with previous roles as mechanic and lead mechanic at the King County Metro Atlantic Base. He has experience in business management and government processes, and an AAAS degree from Shoreline Community College.
Mr. Thompson is an internationally recognized expert in management systems and engineering economics, specializing in transportation asset management (TAM). He has co-authored many of the fundamental manuals and guides used in TAM. Mr. Thompson has been the lead researcher on multi-year research projects and programs to develop engineering economic tools and risk management processes. He has served as a consultant to transportation agencies worldwide since 1980.
Former Panel Members
- Bruce Agnew, Edmonds, served 1997 – 1999
- Annette Bailes, Federal Way, served 2011 - 2019
- Anoop Batra, Federal Way, served 1997
- Josh Benaloh, Redmond, served 2008 – 2016, served as chair 2014 – 2015
- David Berger, Federal Way, served 2013 – 2017
- Patsy Tsui Bonincontri, Bellevue, served 2004 – 2008
- Kevin Brannon, Edmonds, served 2018 – 2019
- Diane Carlson, Tacoma, served 1997 – 1999
- Arlington W. (Art) Carter Jr, Seattle, served 1997 – 2004, served as chair 2001 – 2003
- Richard U. Chapin, Bellevue, served 2003 – 2011, served as chair 2007 – 2009
- Darrell Chapman, Snohomish County, served 2002 – 2003
- Marcus Courtney, Seattle, served 2003 – 2004
- Allan B. Darr, Everett, served 1997 – 2001
- Aubrey Davis, Mercer Island/Seattle, served 2004 – 2012
- Ron Davis, Seattle, served 2016 – 2018
- Bertha Eades, Redmond, served 1998 – 2007
- Claudia B. Ellsworth, Tacoma, served 1999 – 2001
- Chris Elwell, Burien, served 2007 – 2011
- Michael Garrity, Tacoma, served 2013
- Robin Gold, Seattle, served 2015 – 2017
- Steven M. Goldblatt, Seattle, served 1997 – 2003, served as chair 1997 – 1999
- Robert Miguel Goldstein, Seattle, served 2007 – 2015
- Ramon J. Gould, Edmonds, served 2000 – 2004
- Donald L. Green, Lakewood, served 2005 – 2008
- Kevin J. Grossman, Shoreline, served 2004
- Virginia Gunby, Seattle, served 1997 – 2004
- Lynn A. Guttmann, Seattle, served 2006
- Rea Hagan, Tacoma, served 2001 – 2005
- John Harrison, Seattle, served 2015 – 2016
- Frederick M. Hart, Seattle, served 1997 – 2003
- Miriam Helgeland, Federal Way, served 2003 – 2011
- Robert B. Hitchcock, Tacoma, served 2006 – 2009
- Michael A. (Tony) Hudson, Tacoma, served 1998 – 2000
- Mathew Jarvis, Federal Way, served 2013 – 2014
- Chris Karnes, Tacoma, served 2018 – 2019
- Richard Kimball, Sumner, served 2018
- Bill LaBorde, Tacoma, served 2003 – 2008
- Philip B. Lovell, Edmonds, 2011-2019
- Terry Lukens, Bellevue, served 1997 – 1999
- Thomas M. Luthy, Bellevue, served 1997 – 2003
- Kristi A. Mandt, Seattle, served 1997 – 2001
- Paul W. Masten, Lynnwood, served 2004 – 2008
- Karen J. Mask, Bellevue, served 2011 – 2012
- Mary McCumber, Seattle, served 2004 – 2005
- Karen Miller, Mountlake Terrace, served 2003 – 2011, served as chair 2005 – 2007
- Michael W. Murphy, Seattle, served 2008 – 2011
- John Murtha, Seattle, served 2005
- Mildred W. Ollée, Federal Way, served 2015 – 2018
- David Osaki, Federal Way, served 1997 – 2003
- Faaluaina Pritchard, Tacoma, served 2015 - 2018
- C.T. Purdom, Federal Way, served 2006
- Andrew Reay-Ellers, Lake Forest Park, served 2007 – 2008
- Marie Rogers, Seattle, served 2018 – 2019
- Katherine Rose, Tacoma, served 1997 – 1998
- David A. Russell, Ph.D., Kirkland, served 2007 – 2015 (continued until 2016)
- Donald L. Russell, Seattle, served 2003
- Thomas R. Ryan, Puyallup, served 2005 – 2007
- Stuart L. Scheuerman, Sumner, served 2008 – 2017, served as chair 2011 – 2013
- Jessyn Schor, Seattle, served 2004 – 2005
- Bruce W. Seiber, University Place, served 2008 – 2015
- Larry E. Shannon, Bellevue, served 1999 – 2007, served as chair 2003 – 2005
- Reid Shockey, Everett, served 1997 – 2003, served as chair 1999 – 2001
- Virendra (Vic) K. Sood, Mountlake Terrace, served 2012 – 2016
- Al Stipe, Federal Way, served 1997 – 2005
- Stephen C. Wamback, Tacoma, served 2001 – 2005
- Stephanie Weber, Kirkland, served 1997 – 1998
- JD Wessling, Seattle, served 2007 – 2013
- Paul J. Wiesner, Seattle, served 2005 – 2013, served as chair 2009 – 2011
- Michael Williams, Seattle, served 2015 – 2016
- Harold Wirch, Brier, served 2011 - 2018
- Phillip TK Yin, Seattle, served 2001 – 2003