Your safety is important
Getting around construction zones can be a challenge. Sound Transit does its best to work with contractors to make sure such zones are well marked with clear signage.
Whether you are walking, cycling or driving - please be aware.
- Obey all signs and signals.
- Travel at a safe speed.
- Watch for construction trucks.
- People walking and cycling must sometimes share the sidewalk.
- Use crosswalks.
New train service
Making safe choices could save your life. Remember:
- Tracks and trains can share streets with people walking, cycling and driving.
- Trains are fast, frequent and quiet.
- Trains can run on any track in any direction at any time and can't stop quickly.
Whether you ride a new train or you walk, shop, live or work near a station - be alert.
- Obey all signs, signals and warning lights.
- Always look both ways.
- Stay off tracks.
- Cross at designated crosswalks.
- Drivers should make left turns only on green signal arrow.
Sound Transit Police help provide a safe environment by monitoring traffic around stations.