We're working with the City of Redmond to support TOD, with the primary goal of creating much-needed housing. TOD could also include a mix of retail, restaurants, offices and community spaces to support that new housing and help foster a vibrant neighborhood that’s seamlessly connected to regional transit.
We intend to offer these properties for redevelopment in 2022, but first we want to learn more about your vision for the area. We'll be providing several opportunities for folks in the area and along the light rail extension to share ideas and reactions to potential uses for the land.
Sound Transit wants to learn more about the community’s vision for TOD near the new station. We're providing several opportunities for folks in the area and along the light rail extension to share ideas and reactions to potential uses for the land.
There are two main feedback phases:
- Phase 1: Survey to understand community priorities (June 28-July 12, 2021).
- Phase 2: Interviews with community-based organizations (July and August 2021).
We'll seek development partners who can create a pedestrian and transit-friendly space to benefit the community, and input from that community informs our selection process. As we plan how to select one or more developers, and after we make the selection, we'll share additional opportunities for the public to get updates and engage.
- Two acres of land (roughly the size of two football fields) are available for redevelopment in 2023
- Potential for approximately 250-350 housing units
- Estimated site redevelopment opening date: 2025-2026
- View our Overlake Village Station TOD project fact sheet