Get the latest on this project in your inbox.
The Everett Link Extension will add 16 miles of light rail and six new stations connecting Snohomish County residents to the regional light rail network. We are also studying an additional unfunded, provisional station in the planning process. The project will travel through the communities of Lynnwood, unincorporated Snohomish County and Everett.
As both the longest and northernmost project in the Sound Transit system, Sound Transit and partner agencies are laying groundwork together now.
Everett Link Extension features:
- Open: 2037 - 2041 Learn more
- Length: 16 miles.
- Stations located at West Alderwood, Ash Way, Mariner, SW Everett Industrial Center, SR 526/Evergreen and Everett Station, plus one provisional (unfunded) station at SR 99/Airport Road.
- Service: Every 4-6 minutes in peak hours, 10-15 minutes midday, weekends, and evenings.
- Estimated travel times:
- Everett to Lynnwood City Center in 33 minutes.
- Everett to downtown Seattle in 60 minutes.
Current project status
The Everett Link Extension Project is just getting started. We are currently in the alternatives development phase, where we explore alternative locations and design configurations for the alignment, stations, and Operations and Maintenance Facility North that could meet the project’s purpose and need. In April 2022, the Community Advisory Group and the Elected Leadership Group made their recommendations for alternatives to study in our Level 2 evaluation. We shared the results of this evaluation in our online open house and sought public feedback in early 2023.
We will continue to engage with the public, agencies and Tribes and commit to conducting equitable community engagement throughout development of station and track alignment alternatives. Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to request a project briefing.