Federal Way Link Extension project updates
Get the latest on this project in your inbox.
This project extends light rail from Angle Lake Station in the city of SeaTac to the Federal Way Transit Center. The 7.8-mile extension includes three stations in Kent/Des Moines near Highline College, South 272nd Street and the Federal Way Transit Center. All three stations add parking for a total of 3,200 spaces along the route.
- Open: 2024
- Length: 7.8 miles, 3 stations
- Service: Every 6-8 minutes in peak hours
- Projected travel times:
- Federal Way Transit Center to Sea-Tac Airport: 15 minutes
- Kent/Des Moines to downtown Seattle: 42 minutes
- Projected ridership: 29,000 – 34,000 daily riders by 2026