If you live on the Eastside, or follow us on Instagram, you may have heard about the testing activities happening along the East Link light rail extension.
Crews continue to conduct tests along the extension in Bellevue and Redmond to ensure the new line will be ready for passengers. When it opens, East Link will operate as the 2 Line.
Check out some fresh pictures of the testing:
If you enjoy these photos, follow us on Instagram and tune in on Fridays for our regular "Field Trip Friday" stories where we visit Sound Transit construction sites around the region.
With all of these testing activities moving us toward the opening of the 2 Line, please be sure to stay safe around trains and tracks.
- Only cross at designated crosswalks and signalized intersections. Obey all traffic signs and signals. Link trains are electric and very quiet. Whenever you are around trains or tracks, remember to watch for trains.
- Always look both ways before crossing the tracks. Trains can travel in any direction, on any track, at any time. Even after a train passes, another train may be coming from the opposite direction.
- Do not walk, stand or park a vehicle on the tracks. Trains can arrive at any time.
- Stay away from the track switches that are used to change train directions. These switches are very powerful and can move at any time without warning.
- When crossing the tracks on a bicycle, always cross the tracks at a 90-degree angle to prevent your bicycle tires from getting stuck in the tracks.