5th Avenue Northeast closure, Seattle
5th Avenue Northeast roadway between Northeast 125th Street and Northeast 145th Street, along Jackson Golf Course, will close so Sound Transit crews can begin construction of the elevated guideway for the Lynnwood Link light rail project. We anticipate the closure starting around July 24th – July 31st and will follow up with an additional alert once we have an official date. Signage will be placed a minimum of five days before start of the closure.
Construction crews will close 5th Avenue Northeast.
We anticipate 5th Avenue Northeast will be closed starting around July 24th – July 31st and will follow up with an additional alert once we have an official date. 5th Avenue Northeast expected closure duration is three years and will reopen fall of 2022.
- Closure will be at 5th Avenue Northeast between Northeast 130th Street and Northeast 145th Street in Seattle.
- 5th Avenue Northeast southbound lanes from Northeast 130th Street to Northeast 125th Street will be closed.
- The existing pedestrian path adjacent to the Jackson Park Golf Course will remain open during construction hours.
- 5th Avenue Northeast will be closed all day with local access only.
- Working hours are from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Nights and weekend work will occur if necessary.
- All Northbound and Southbound lanes will be closed to traffic 24 hours a day between 131st Street and 145th Street.
- Local access between Northeast 130th Street and the south end of the Jackson Park Golf Course will be maintained.
- Both Northeast 130th Street and Northeast 145th Street Interstate 5 off-ramps will remain open. (see map)
- Southbound 5th Avenue Northeast will be closed 24 hours a day from 130th Street to 125th Street.
Community Outreach: My Nguyen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-370-5690.
24-hour construction hotline: 1-888-298-2395.