In this alert: Upcoming weekend ramp closures, Weekday construction traffic impacts, Enatai Park-and-Ride one-day closure, Early morning concrete pours and reminder of ongoing closures
Weekend of Feb. 24-25 and March 10-11, three ramps from I-90 to Bellevue Way SE closed
Crews will continue work on drilled shafts adjacent to the I-90 ramps and Southeast 30th. Sound Transit's contractor plans to close all ramps from I-90 to Bellevue Way Southeast from Saturday, Feb. 24th at 5:30 a.m. through 9 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 25th the closure will be repeated the weekend of March 10th and 11th. Work in the area is expected to begin at 6 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
During the closure of the I-90 to northbound Bellevue Way Southeast ramps, all lanes of Bellevue Way Southeast will remain open and drivers traveling southbound on Bellevue Way Southeast will continue to have access to eastbound and westbound I-90.
1. All lanes of Bellevue Way Southeast between the Wye at 112th Ave Southeast and I-90 will remain open.
2. Ramps from southbound Bellevue Way Southeast to westbound and eastbound I-90 will remain open.
3. No access from I-90 to northbound Bellevue Way Southeast.
4. The sidewalk on Bellevue Way Southeast in this area is also closed; people biking and walking should seek alternate routes.
5. Northbound Bus stops on Bellevue Way Southeast, south of the Wye at 112th Avenue Southeast will be closed and riders will need to use alternate stops located on Bellevue Way Southeast, north of the Wye. All southbound bus stops on Bellevue Way Southeast will remain open.
6. Detour from I-90 to Bellevue Way Southeast and 112th Ave Southeast via I-405 and Southeast 8th.
Weekday construction traffic impacts: Week of Feb. 26-March 2
Monday-Tuesday and Wednesday-Thursday 5.a.m. to 3 p.m., overnight: In addition to the normal Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp closure, next week, the HOV ramp will also be closed during the p.m. commutes on Monday and Wednesday. During the closures the contractor is performing work to construct the columns and guideway.
112th Avenue Southeast
Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Daily closures of one northbound lane of 112th Avenue Southeast, between Bellevue Way Southeast and Southeast 4th Street.
Monday-Wednesday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.: As needed, in order to complete utility work and facilitate wall construction, Sound Transit's contractor may close one southbound lane of 112th Avenue Southeast, between Southeast 8th Street and Bellevue Way Southeast.
Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: As needed, daily closures of one southbound lane of 112th Avenue Southeast, between Southeast 4th Street and Southeast 8th Street.
Southeast 8th Street
Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: In conjunction with work at the intersection of Southeast 8th Street and 112th Avenue Southeast, the eastbound curb lane of Southeast 8th Street will be closed between 112th Avenue Southeast and 114th Avenue Southeast.
Bellevue Way Southeast
Monday-Friday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.: Daily closures of one northbound lane of Bellevue Way Southeast, between the South Bellevue Station site and the Wye at 112th Avenue Southeast.
Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.: As needed, crews will close one southbound lane of Bellevue Way Southeast, between the Wye at 112th Avenue Southeast and Southeast 30th.
Enatai Park-and-Ride one-day closure
The Enatai Park-and-Ride will be closed Friday, Feb. 23rd for maintenance.
During the closure, commuters are encouraged to use a recently opened park-and-ride located at Bellevue Church of Christ off Southeast 11th. The Bellevue Church of Christ Park-and-Ride, located at 1212 104th Avenue Southeast. is served by the same routes as the Enatai Lot; it's just one stop north of the Enatai Lot. Find more information about park-and-ride options during East Link construction on the East Link Park-and-Ride page.
Early morning work at I-90 in Bellevue
Crews plan to begin work between east and westbound I-90 as early as 4 a.m. Monday-Friday, Feb. 26-March 2.
In order to complete necessary work and reopen the Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp by 3 p.m. each day, crews need to begin work earlier. Crews will minimize noisier activities to normal working hours, M-F 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and equipment/vehicles will utilize broadband backup alarms. Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours along Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in the area south of the future South Bellevue Station site.
Reminder of ongoing closures
For information on previously announced long-term and ongoing closures click here.
- Daily/overnight closure of the Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp
- Sidewalk closures and detours on Bellevue Way Southeast and 112th Avenue Southeast
- Closure of Southeast 15th at 112th Avenue Southeast
- Winters House and Blueberry Farm Closure and new temporary lot