In this alert: Weekday construction traffic impacts, Early morning concrete pour, Wednesday, January 18, Weekend of January 20-21, and reminder of ongoing closures
Weekday construction traffic impacts: Week of Jan. 16-19
No work in roadway on Monday, Jan. 15th due to observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Holiday.
Tuesday-Friday 8 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Daily/overnight closure of the Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp. The duration of these closures may vary based on the needs of the contractor, but the ramps are expected to remain open from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Daily/overnight closures of the Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp are expected to continue on a regular basis throughout the project. During the closures the contractor is performing work to construct the columns and guideway.
Tuesday-Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: As needed, Sound Transit's contractor may close one northbound lane of 112th Avenue Southeast, between Southeast 8th and Bellevue Way Southeast.
Tuesday-Friday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.: As needed, in order to complete utility work and facilitate wall construction, Sound Transit's contractor may close one southbound lane of 112th Avenue Southeast, between Main Street and Southeast 8th.
Wednesday-Friday 24-hour closure: Southeast 30th St. between Bellevue Way Southeast and Sweyolocken Boat Launch. To complete drilled shaft construction near the Sweyolocken Pump Station, crews will close Southeast 30th. During the closure, kayak launch access is available at Enatai Beach Park.
PSE work on Bellevue Way Southeast - Tuesday-Friday 10 a.m. to 5 a.m.: One northbound lane of Bellevue Way Southeast will be closed from the South Bellevue Station site to the Wye at 112th Avenue Southeast. Crews with Puget Sound Energy are relocating existing above-ground electrical infrastructure along Bellevue Way Southeast. This work is expected to continue into early February. In order to minimize traffic impacts, most work will occur at night. Night work will be limited to activities with minimal noise impacts such as manually pulling cable.
Early morning concrete pour, Wednesday, Jan. 18
Crews plan to begin pouring concrete for column foundations between east and westbound I-90 as early as 3 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 18th.
In order to complete necessary work and reopen the Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp by 3 p.m. each day, crews need to schedule the early morning pour. Crews will minimize noisier activities to normal working hours, Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and equipment/vehicles will utilize broadband backup alarms. Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours along Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in the area south of the future South Bellevue Station site.
Weekend of Jan. 20-21 three ramps from I-90 to Bellevue Way Southeast closed
Crews will continue work on drilled shafts adjacent to the I-90 ramps and Southeast 30th. Sound Transit's contractor plans to close all ramps from I-90 to Bellevue Way Southeast from Saturday, Jan. 20th at 5:30 a.m. through 9 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 21st.
During the closure of the I-90 to northbound Bellevue Way Southeast ramps, all lanes of Bellevue Way Southeast will remain open and drivers traveling southbound on Bellevue Way Southeast will continue to have access to eastbound and westbound I-90.
1. All lanes of Bellevue Way Southeast between the Wye at 112th Avenue Southeast and I-90 will remain open.
2. Ramps from southbound Bellevue Way Southeast to westbound and eastbound I-90 will remain open.
3. No access from I-90 to northbound Bellevue Way Southeast
4. The sidewalk on Bellevue Way Southeast in this area is also closed; people biking and walking should seek alternate routes.
5. Northbound Bus stops on Bellevue Way Southeast, south of the Wye at 112th Avenue Southeast will be closed and riders will need to use alternate stops located on Bellevue Way Southeast, north of the Wye. All southbound bus stops on Bellevue Way Southeast will remain open.
6. Detour from I-90 to Bellevue Way Southeast and 112th Avenue Southeast via I-405 and Southeast 8th.
Reminder of ongoing closures
For information on previously announced long-term and ongoing closures click here.
- Sidewalk closures and detours on Bellevue Way Southeast and 112th Avenue Southeast
- Closure of Southeast 15th at 112th Avenue Southeast
- Winters House and Blueberry Farm Closure and new temporary lot