In this alert: Weekend of November 18-19, Morning work near I-90 and Sweyolocken, and Weekday construction traffic impacts
Weekend of Nov. 18-19: Bellevue Way SE and ramps to I-90 closed
Crews will continue work on drilled shafts adjacent to Bellevue Way and third-party utility crews will continue to install power and cable lines underneath Bellevue Way Southeast. Sound Transit's contractor plans to close all lanes of Bellevue Way Southeast from Saturday, Nov. 18th at 5:30 a.m. through 9 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 19th.
During the closure, all lanes of Bellevue Way Southeast between the Wye at 112th Avenue Southeast and I-90 will be closed. All ramps between Bellevue Way Southeast and I-90 will also be closed. Local access will be maintained to all residential driveways along Bellevue Way Southeast. Emergency access will be maintained.
1. All ramps between Bellevue Way Southeast and I-90 will be closed. Vehicle access and parking at the Winters House, Blueberry Farm Sweyolocken Boat launch will be not available during the closure.
2. All lanes of Bellevue Way Southeast between the Wye at 112th Avenue Southeast and I-90 will be closed. Local access will be maintained to all residential driveways along Bellevue Way Southeast. Emergency access will be maintained.
3. The sidewalk on Bellevue Way Southeast in this area will also close; people biking and walking should seek alternate routes.
4. Bus stops on Bellevue Way Southeast, south of the Wye at 112th Avenue Southeast will be closed and riders will need to use alternate stops located on Bellevue Way Southeast, north of the Wye.
5. Detour to I-90 and I-405 via 112th Avenue Southeast and Southeast 8th.
Early morning work near Sweyolocken – Nov. 18-22
Crews may begin setting traffic control and preparing the site for drilled shaft work, including excavation and grading of the drilled shaft worksite, as early as 6 a.m. Saturday, and crews may begin pouring concrete for the shaft as early as 5 a.m. on Sunday.
In order to complete necessary work and reopen the Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp by 3 p.m. each day, crews may start working as early as 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 20th through Wednesday, Nov. 22nd. Work in the area includes grading an access road in advance of drilled shaft construction near the ramps to I-90. Crews will minimize noisier activities to normal working hours, M-F 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and equipment/vehicles will utilize broadband backup alarms. Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours along Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in the area south of the future South Bellevue Station site.
Weekday construction traffic impacts: Week of Nov. 20-24
Daily lane closures on Bellevue Way Southeast and 112th Avenue Southeast will be limited between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day.
Continued from weekend-Wednesday – 24 hours: Southeast 30th east of Bellevue Way Southeast will be closed from 5:30 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 28 - noon on Wednesday, Nov. 22nd. During the closure, kayak launch access is available at Enatai Beach Park.
Monday-Wednesday 8 p.m. to 3 p.m. (open by noon on Wednesday): Daily/overnight closure of the Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp. The duration of these closures may vary based on the needs of the contractor, but the ramps are expected to remain open from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Daily/overnight closures of the Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp are expected to continue on a regular basis throughout the project. During the closures the contractor is performing work to construct the columns and guideway. These daily/overnight closures will resume on Monday, Nov. 27th.
UPDATED: Reminder of ongoing closures
For information on previously announced long-term and ongoing closures click here.
- Sidewalk closures and detours on Bellevue Way Southeast and 112th Avenue Southeast
- Closure of Southeast 15th at 112th Avenue Southeast
- Winters House and Blueberry Farm Closure and new temporary lot
A look ahead
The Nov. 18-19 weekend closure on Bellevue Way Southeast is the last scheduled weekend closure of 2017.
The northbound lanes of 112th Avenue Southeast between Bellevue Way Southeast and Southeast 15th are expected to reopen to traffic by Monday, Nov. 20th, and will remain open between Thanksgiving and New Year's Day.
Beginning in 2018, weekend closures are expected to be less frequent and for the most part, during future weekend closures, traffic will be maintained in both directions along Bellevue Way Southeast. The big exception to this will be three full closures near the end of the project. These full closures will be needed for final paving and striping of the roadway surface.