As this unpredictable year ends, we want to thank you for your adaptability and patience as we have transitioned to digital engagement to keep our communities safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. We know it hasn’t been an easy year, but we will continue to find new and creative ways to keep you and your community updated and involved as the project progresses.
Here’s a quick recap of how we connected with you this year:
- Hosted over 75 virtual briefings with community members and property owners.
- Responded to 113 phone calls and 636 emails from stakeholders.
- Launched a new informational online open house to share the latest on project progress and station planning work.
- Connected via email and phone calls with multi-family housing complexes near routes we are currently studying to share project information.
- Coordinated remotely with businesses and residents to keep important project fieldwork moving forward.
Review project updates now, comment on the DEIS in mid-2021
Recently, we shared online project updates including Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) alternative plans and profiles, station maps, and information about our updated schedule. This new content will remain available on our site for you to explore between now and the release of the Draft EIS in mid-2021.
Note: In addition to English, the site is also translated in Español (Spanish), Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese), 正體字/繁體字 (Traditional Chinese), and 简体字(Simplified Chinese). Other languages are available via Google Translate, found in the upper right corner of the website.
We are currently examining each of the alternatives being studied and assessing potential benefits and impacts of the routes and station locations on the natural and built environment. Once the Draft EIS is released, there will be an opportunity for the public and our partner agencies to provide formal comments.
Your feedback and involvement in this process are important to us! We have shared these updates now to make sure that you have as much information as possible to prepare you for the formal comment period next year. The Draft EIS public comment period will be a chance for you to comment on the analysis. In the meantime, we’ll continue to share more information and provide additional opportunities for you to engage, so stay tuned!
Take me to the site!
Staying connected in 2021
With the risk of the pandemic continuing into the new year, we want to remain safe, flexible and creative in the ways we gather input and respond to our communities’ needs.
We want to hear from you! Do you have suggestions about how we can safely connect with you in the new year?
- Share your thoughts on our online open house.
- Send us an email.
- Call us at (206) 903-7229.
- Request a virtual briefing for your community group.
Thank you for your interest in our project. We wish you a warm and safe holiday season!