REMINDER: Rainier Avenue at I-90 closed this weekend, Oct. 12 -15
Crews will close Rainier Avenue at I-90 this weekend, beginning at 11 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12 until 5 a.m. Monday Oct. 15. During this time, crews will demolish one of the westbound I-90 bridges to make room for the future entrances to the Judkins Park Station. More information about detours and bus reroutes can be found here.
To complete this work, additional weekend closures have been scheduled for the weekends of Oct. 19-22 and 26-29. Please note, these additional closures may not be necessary and an updated notice will be provided.
What to expect:
- Work will occur from 11 p.m. Friday – 5 a.m. Monday, during the weekends of Oct. 12-15, Oct. 19-22 and Oct. 26 – 29. Please note: not all closures may be necessary.
- Intermittent noise and vibration may be noticeable as crews demolish and remove a portion of the I-90 roadway. This work is unavoidably noisy and crews will use best management practices to mitigate noise to the greatest extent possible.
- Rainier Avenue South will be closed at I-90. The westbound I-90 off-ramp to Rainier Avenue South will be closed. All other ramps will remain open.
- Traffic will be detoured to 23rd Avenue South (northbound direction only) and Martin Luther King Jr. Way South.
- Sidewalks in this area will also be closed and pedestrians and cyclists will be detoured to surrounding streets. Please follow the direction of flaggers and signage to safely reach your destination during these closures.
- Metro bus routes 7 and 106 will be detoured during these closures to Martin Luther King Jr. Way South. Bus stops on Rainier Avenue South between South Jackson Street and South Massachusetts Street will not be served by routes 7 or 106 during the closures. Bus stops at Rainier Avenue South and South Charles Street (to enter and exit I-90) will remain open and serviced by ST Express 554. More information about detours can be found here.