Thank you for attending the Mercer Island construction open house
Thank you to all who attended our Mercer Island construction kick off open house on July 12. We were thrilled with the turnout and thoughtful conversations. If you weren't able to attend in-person, please check out the station boards on our website.
Plan ahead for Seafair Weekend
To prepare for Seafair Weekend, Sound Transit's contractor will halt work on the I-90 floating bridge during the Blue Angels' rehearsals and weekend performances.
Here's what you can expect:
Both directions of I-90 will be closed between I-5 in Seattle and Island Crest Way on Mercer Island, during the following days and times:
- Thursday, Aug. 3; 9:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.; 1 – 2:40 p.m. (practices)
- Friday, Aug. 4; 12:55 – 2:40 p.m.
- Saturday Aug. 5; 12:55 – 2:40 p.m.
- Sunday Aug. 6; 12:55 – 2:40 p.m.
Join us for a tour!
Tour the existing Central Link Light Rail service and stations for an idea of what East Link will look like when completed. On the tour, you'll learn about:
- Sound Transit light rail station design and features
- Sound Transit Art Program
- Stations comparable to the Mercer Island Station
- Time: 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (times are approximate dependent upon travel time)
- Date: Saturday, Aug. 12, 2017
- Location: Meet at the Mercer Island Park-and-Ride at 9 a.m.
Sound Transit will pick up passengers at the Mercer island Park-and-Ride and return after the tour. The tour will take approximately 2.5 hours.
Tours are limited to 12 people and are available on a first-come-first-served basis. If you are interested, please contact Zack Ambrose (email@example.com) to reserve your space.