East Link Extension
No events are scheduled
- Apr 18, 2017: South Bellevue Park-and-Ride scheduled to close May 30, 2017
- Apr 13, 2017: Attention Overlake Transit Center users: All park-and-ride spaces are closing May 1 for East Link construction
- Apr 7, 2017: Business forum on transportation construction in BelRed
- Mar 15, 2017: Utility work on 110th Ave NE and NE 2nd St
- Link light rail
Start of service:
East Link will give riders a fast, frequent and reliable connection between the Eastside's biggest population and employment centers and destinations across King, Pierce and Snohomish counties. When East Link opens, passengers will be able to ride over 50 miles of light rail with other new extensions also open north to Lynnwood and south to Kent/Des Moines.
- Final Design
Length: 14 miles
- Mercer Island to University of Washington: 20 minutes
- South Bellevue to Sea-Tac Airport: 50 minutes
- Overlake Transit Center to Bellevue Transit Center: 10 minutes
Rider projection: About 50,000 riders will use East Link every day by 2030.
Budget: $3.7 billion
- East King County
- South Bellevue park-and-ride to close May 30Apr 18, 2017: Commuters are encouraged to explore other options before East Link light rail construction begins at the site.
- Sound Transit light rail trains to run on clean energy beginning 2019Apr 18, 2017: Agreement with Puget Sound Energy will enable Sound Transit to power Link trains with carbon-neutral energy.
- South Bellevue Park-and-Ride scheduled to close May 30, 2017Apr 18, 2017: When East Link opens in 2023, Eastside commuters will be able to travel from downtown Bellevue to downtown Seattle in 20 minutes...