Sound Transit changes service twice a year, in March and September. Each fall Sound Transit publishes an annual service plan for public feedback and Board approval. The resulting plan informs the next two service changes before the cycle starts again.
There are two categories of service changes, major and minor, that require different levels of approval and outreach before we can implement them. For more details, see the full 2019 Service Implementation Plan.
September 2019 service changes
Changes begin Saturday, Sept. 21. Routes that do not have weekend service will change on Monday, Sept. 23.
- Route 522: Discontinue weekday westbound trip leaving Woodinville at 11:39 p.m. New weekday westbound trip leaving UW-Bothell at 8:25 a.m.
- Route 542: New weekday trip departing Green Lake at 6:07 a.m.
- Route 550: Minor schedule adjustments.
- Route 554: A new stop at S. Jackson St. and Maynard Ave. S. will restore eastbound service to the Chinatown/International District neighborhood.
- Route 560: Minor schedule adjustments.
- Route 567: Minor schedule adjustments.
- Route 577: New weekday trip departing Federal Way Transit Center at 4:45 a.m.
Update timetables to indicate trains that operate during Reduced Weekday service on the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.