Sound Transit requires fares on all buses and trains as of July 1.
Rider safety & service levels
We've got you covered. Here are a few ways to keep yourself and others safe while riding. Sound Transit will continue to track ridership and increase bus and train services in order to meet demand and safety.
Cover your face
To protect yourself and others, wear a mask or cloth face covering when riding buses and trains and while waiting at the bus stop or station.
And we know, not everyone can wear a mask. Children under two or people with a disability that makes it hard to wear a face covering can still ride.
Other ways you can help
We're all in this together. Here are a few things we ask of riders:
- Maintain distance from fellow riders when possible.
- Travel during less busy times, if you can.
- Report unsanitary conditions, vandalism or anything else that makes you feel unsafe. Text or call ST Security: 206-398-5268.
- Wash hands frequently and don’t ride if you're sick.
Keeping you safe
Your health and safety are our priority. Here are a few things we're doing:
- Operators and security staff are wearing masks.
- We are cleaning buses and trains every day.
- We are quickly removing unsanitary trains from service.
Anyone with a disability that makes it hard for them to wear or remove a face covering may ride without one.