Why is my ride changing?
Our system continues to grow and expand, and over time, things need to be repaired and updated. When this happens, your trip may change, so the best way to stay informed is to sign up for text or email Rider Alerts and follow Sound Transit Alerts on Twitter. Current service alerts are found on the Service Alerts page.
When it comes to Link light rail, when service is reduced or disrupted for maintenance, sometimes you may be better off waiting for a train, and sometimes an alternative bus route may be faster. Please take a few minutes to learn about these alternative routes. We also encourage you to use your preferred trip planner to find the route that works best for you.
Service along the 1 Line
Service along the T Line
If T Line service is completely disrupted for a significant period, Sound Transit will deploy a Link shuttle bus service to transport you through the impacted area. Several regular bus routes also travel along the same route, including Sound Transit Express routes 590 and 594, and Pierce Transit routes 13, 41, 42, and 400.
When the Sounder S and N lines are disrupted, we will send prompt alerts and updates. From downtown Seattle/King Street Station, during weekday peak hours there are usually bus alternatives available. For trips between stations outside of downtown Seattle, use the trip planner at soundtransit.org to see if there is alternative bus service available.
- Seattle-Edmonds: Community Transit Route 416 (weekday peak hours only)
- Seattle-Mukilteo: Community Transit Route 417 (weekday peak hours only)
- Seattle-Everett: ST Express Route 510 (weekday peak hours) or ride the 1 Line to Northgate and connect to Route 512 (all other times)
- Seattle-Tukwila: 1 Line to Tukwila Int’l Blvd. Station and transfer to Rapid Ride F
- Seattle-Kent: King County Metro Route 150
- Seattle-Auburn, Sumner, or Puyallup: ST Express 578
- Seattle-Tacoma Dome: ST Express 590
- Seattle-South Tacoma: ST Express 590 to Tacoma Dome, transfer to Pierce Transit Route 3
- Seattle-Lakewood: ST Express 592