Railway labor negotiations are ongoing, but a national strike could start as early as Dec. 8, resulting in the cancellation of Sounder service on Dec. 9, and continuing until the strike ends.
Sound Transit is working with our partner agencies on contingency plans, but given the ongoing shortage of bus operators, these are unlikely to make up for the potential loss of train service.
Here are some of the regularly scheduled bus options that connect Sounder station stops to downtown Seattle (note that some Sounder trains run before the beginning of bus service and rider commute schedules would need to adjust accordingly):
- Edmonds: Community Transit Route 416 (weekday peak hours only)
- Mukilteo: Community Transit Route 417 (weekday peak hours only)
- Everett: ST Express Route 510 (weekday peak hours) or Route 512 (all other times) connecting to the 1 Line at Northgate
- Tukwila: Rapid Ride F to the 1 Line Tukwila International Blvd. Station
- Kent: King County Metro Route 150
- Auburn, Sumner or Puyallup: ST Express 578*
- Tacoma Dome: ST Express 590/594
- South Tacoma: Pierce Transit Route 3 to 10th & Commerce TC, connect to the T Line toward the Tacoma Dome Station, transfer to ST Express 590/594
- Lakewood: ST Express 592/594
*Route 578 begins service at 7:22 a.m. If this time does not meet your needs, consider using a rideshare, local transit (from Puyallup and Auburn) or driving to Federal Way Transit Center or Tacoma Dome Station for other ST Express options, or to Angle Lake Station to connect to the 1 Line.