In this alert: Weekend of November 4-5, City of Bellevue weekend paving and Weekday construction traffic impacts
Weekend of Nov. 4-5 Bellevue Way SE and ramps to I-90 closed
Crews will continue work on drilled shafts adjacent to Bellevue Way and complete restoration of utility crossings in the southbound lanes of Bellevue Way Southeast. Sound Transit's contractor plans to close all lanes of Bellevue Way Southeast from 5:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 4th through 9 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 5th.
During the closure, all lanes of Bellevue Way Southeast between the Wye at 112th Avenue Southeast and I-90 will be closed. All ramps between Bellevue Way Southeast and I-90 will also be closed. Local access will be maintained to all residential driveways along Bellevue Way Southeast. Emergency access will be maintained.
1. All ramps between Bellevue Way Southeast and I-90 will be closed. Vehicle access and parking at the Winters House, Blueberry Farm Sweyolocken Boat launch will be not available during the closure.
2. All lanes of Bellevue Way Southeast between the Wye at 112th Avenue Southeast and I-90 will be closed. Local access will be maintained to all residential driveways along Bellevue Way Southeast. Emergency access will be maintained.
3. The sidewalk on Bellevue Way Southeast in this area will also close; people biking and walking should seek alternate routes.
4. Bus stops on Bellevue Way Southeast, south of the Wye at 112th Avenue Southeast will be closed and riders will need to use alternate stops located on Bellevue Way Southeast, north of the Wye.
5. Detour to I-90 and I-405 via 112th Avenue Southeast and Southeast 8th.
Weekend pavement restoration on 112th Ave SE
Saturday, Nov. 4th, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Single lane closures are needed in both directions to prepare for and restore utility trenches on 112th Avenue Southeast, between Southeast 6th and Main Street.
City of Bellevue work - Sunday, Nov. 5th, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.: The City of Bellevue's paving contractor is planning to pave the northbound curb lane of 112th Avenue Southeast from Southeast 8th to Main Street on Sunday Nov. 5. Work is expected between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. This work is unrelated to Sound Transit's East Link project. For more information on this project, please contact Marie Jensen, City of Bellevue Transportation.
Weekday construction traffic impacts: Week of Nov. 6-10
Monday- Friday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.: As needed, one northbound lane of Bellevue Way Southeast may be closed from the north end of the South Bellevue Station site to the Wye at 112th Avenue Southeast.
Monday-Friday 8 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Daily/overnight closure of the Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp. The duration of these closures may vary based on the needs of the contractor, but the ramps are expected to remain open from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Daily/overnight closures of the Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp are expected to continue on a regular basis throughout the project. During the closures the contractor is performing work to construct the columns and guideway.
Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.: In order to complete utility work Sound Transit's contractor will close up to two lanes of 112th Avenue Southeast, between Main Street and Southeast 8th. Two way traffic will be maintained at all times. During the closures, the 24-hour sidewalk closure listed below may be adjusted and sidewalk access will be maintained on one side of the street. Flaggers and detour signs will help guide people walking, biking and driving.
Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.: In order to complete utility work one southbound lane of Bellevue Way Southeast will be closed between the Wye at 112th and the Blueberry Farm. Upon completion of the work north of the Blueberry Farm, a similar closure of one southbound lane is expected between the main entrance to South Bellevue Station and Southeast 30th.
Reminder of ongoing closures
For information on previously announced long-term and ongoing closures click here.
- Sidewalk closures and detours on Bellevue Way Southeast and 112th Avenue Southeast
- Lane reductions on 112th Avenue Southeast
- Closure of Southeast 15th at 112th Avenue Southeast
- Winters House and Blueberry Farm Closure and new temporary lot
A look ahead
Sound Transit's contractor anticipates one additional closure of Bellevue Way Southeast during the weekend of Nov. 18-19. More information on what to expect during this closure will be provided in a future alert.
Beginning in 2018, weekend closures are expected to be less frequent and for the most part, during future weekend closures, traffic will be maintained in both directions along Bellevue Way Southeast. The big exception to this will be three full closures near the end of the project. These full closures will be needed for final paving and striping of the roadway surface.