Construction alert: Long-term Rainier Avenue HOV lane closures at I-90
Beginning as early as Monday Dec. 10, the Rainier Avenue HOV lanes at I-90 will close for up to two years to accommodate Judkins Park Station construction.
This work may also require intermittent sidewalk closures. During this time, one sidewalk will remain open at all times between South Charles Street and South Massachusetts Street. Detour signage will be in place to safely direct pedestrians to their destinations.
Bus stops in this area will shift to the south and will remain open and accessible.
Long-term Rainier HOV lane closures at I-90.
Beginning as early as Monday, Dec. 10 until late 2020.
Rainier Avenue South at I-90
- Crews will permanently close the Rainier Avenue South HOV lanes at I-90, for up to two years, beginning Monday, Dec. 10.
- Bus stops in the area will shift to the south and remain open and accessible.
- Sidewalks may be closed intermittently during this time. One sidewalk will remain open at all times between South Charles Street and South Massachusetts Street Detour signage will be in place to safely direct pedestrians to their destinations.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
Rail welding begins at Judkins Park
Now that rail has arrived at Judkins Park, crews will begin welding it into 560- and 800-foot-long sections. Crews will work in an assembly line to weld, grind and inspect the thousands of 'flash butt' welds. Beginning as early as Monday Dec. 10, work is anticipated to occur nightly, just west of the Judkins Park Station site.
Outreach Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-398-5465
After-hours construction hotline: 888-298-2395