Night closures on I-405 in Bellevue on Feb. 26 – Mar 15
Overnight drivers should be aware of upcoming lane closures in downtown Bellevue in preparation for construction of the elevated light rail structure across I-405. Sound Transit's contractor will be setting up vertical supports along the highway for the future elevated light rail structure. Work is approved to begin the night of Monday, Feb. 26, 2018 and scheduled to continue Monday – Thursday for approximately three weeks.
Mondays and Wednesdays
- Crews will close one right lane on southbound (8 p.m. – 5 a.m.) and two left lanes northbound (10 p.m. – 5 a.m.) I-405 to set up support structure.
- The southbound off ramp exit to Northeast 4th Street (Exit 13A) will be closed while this work is occurring.
- Southbound I-405 lane closure will stretch between State Route 520 and Northeast 4th Street in Bellevue.
- Northbound I-405 lane closures will stretch between Main Street and Northeast 8th Street in Bellevue.
- Vehicles seeking to access Northeast 4th Street during the southbound off ramp closure will need to use the Southeast 8th Street off ramp (Exit 12).
Tuesday and Thursdays
- Crews will close two left lanes (HOV/Express Toll) on southbound (10 p.m. – 5 a.m.) and one right lane northbound (8 p.m. – 5 a.m.) I-405 to set up the support structure.
- The northbound on ramp entrance from Northeast 4th Street will be close while work is occurring.
- During the closures drivers should follow signed detours.