Steel pole foundation work on Northeast 185th Street
Starting as early as June 27th, Sound Transit will reduce Northeast 185th Street to a two lane road going each direction. Sound Transit will be working on setting steel pole foundations for early work construction to relocate existing utilities to construct the guideway for Lynnwood Link Extension. The work involves setting heavy equipment and drilling shafts for steel pole foundations. There will be flaggers on site of the construction work zone to keep traffic moving.
- Sidewalks will be closed with detours at the nearest crosswalks located at 2nd Avenue Northeast and 8th Avenue Northeast.
- Pedestrians will be assisted by flaggers on site to safely cross through Northeast 185th Street during construction.
- Flaggers will stop bicyclists with vehicular traffic during construction.
- A steel pole will be delivered and staged at construction work area while crews are working to set the foundation for the steel pole.
- Crews will draft shafts for steel pole foundation that will cause construction noise and vibration.
- King County Metro will provide alerts and updates on affected bus routes at www.kingcounty.gov.
- As early as June 26th, work will remain for approximately one week.
- Work hours are from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Work hours are from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. night and weekend work will occur if necessary to complete work before July 4th.
Northeast 185th Street (see map).
Community Outreach: My Nguyen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-370-5690.
24-hour construction hotline: 1-888-298-2395.