Structure demolition at the south portal of the downtown Bellevue tunnel set to begin the week of April 18
Construction has begun on East Link's downtown Bellevue tunnel. Sound Transit's contractor has prepared a number of structures for demolition, and will begin that work as early as April 18. As that work begins, they will continue preparing the additional structures for subsequent demolition. This work is expected to take up to four weeks.
What to expect:
- Work between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., M-F with a generator running 24 hrs/day including Saturdays and Sundays
- A safe and secure work site at all times
- Temporary sidewalk and lane closures along Main Street
Once the structure demolition work is complete, the contractor will begin clearing and grading the south portal site to support tunnel excavation work set to begin this fall.
For more information
- For the most up-to-date construction information, sign up for alerts at soundtransit.org/subscribe.
- Contact Luke Lamon, Sound Transit Community Outreach at 206-903-7469 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For issues that need immediate attention after normal business hours, call Sound Transit's 24-hour construction hotline at 888-298-2395.