Updated night closures on I-405 in Bellevue on April 2 - 5
Please disregard previous project alert titled "Night closures on I-405 in Bellevue on April 2 – 5" as a there have been a few changes to the planned work.
Overnight drivers should be aware of upcoming closures on Interstate 405 in downtown Bellevue. Beginning on Monday, April 2, Sound Transit's contractor will set horizontal supports across the highway for the future elevated light rail structure. Work is scheduled to occur on April 2-5 in downtown Bellevue.
What to expect
- From 11:59 p.m. until 4 a.m. each night, crews will close northbound I-405 between Northeast 8th Street and Main Street in Bellevue to set span beams.
- The northbound off-ramp and southbound on-ramps to and from Northeast 6th Street will be closed from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. while work is occuring.
- The southbound off-ramp (Exit 13A) and the northbound on-ramp will be closed to and from Northeast 4th Street from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Crews will also close the southbound I-405 off-ramp exit (Exit 13B) and on-ramp entrance to and from Northeast 8th Street will be close from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. (not shown in graphics).
- During the closures, drivers should follow the signed detour.