Reminder: I-90 westbound closed overnight this weekend
Westbound I-90 lanes will close at 11 p.m. Saturday, July 28 until 7 a.m. Sunday, July 29 and from 10:30 p.m. Sunday, July 29 until 4:30 a.m. Monday, July 30. Westbound I-90 will be closed between Island Crest Way on Mercer Island and I-5 in Seattle as crews post-tension the Homer Hadley floating bridge. Crews will begin closing ramps and lanes beginning at 8.pm. and will begin reopening lanes beginning at 7 a.m. on Sunday and 4:30 a.m. on Monday.
Please Note: Additional weeknight closures may be necessary to complete this work and have been approved for:
- Monday July 30 – Thursday Aug. 2 (10:30 p.m. – 4:30 a.m., nightly)
- Monday Aug. 6 – Thursday Aug. 9 (10:30 p.m. – 4:30 a.m., nightly)
If these closures are necessary, additional notice will be provided. Drivers should pay attention to ramp signage and overhead reader boards for more information.
Vehicles traveling westbound during the closures will exit the roadway at Island Crest Way. Drivers are encouraged to use alternate routes to cross Lake Washington during these closures. Emergency vehicles will continue to have access to westbound I-90 during these closures.
Here's what you can expect:
- Westbound I-90 between Island Crest Way and I-5, will be closed beginning at 11 p.m. Saturday until 7 a.m. Sunday and from 10:30 p.m. Sunday until 4:30 a.m. Monday during the weekend of July 28 – July 30.
- Westbound I-90 between Island Crest Way and I-5, may also close during weeknights, Monday July 30 – Thursday Aug. 2, and Monday Aug. 6 – Thursday Aug. 9, from 10:30 p.m. each night until 4:30 a.m. the following morning. Additional notice will be provided if these closures are necessary. Drivers should pay attention to ramp signage and overhead reader boards for more information.
- Vehicles, lights, generators and work crews will be visible on the floating bridge.
- ST 550 and 554 buses with service after 11 p.m., will terminate at the Mercer Island Park-and-Ride before returning to eastbound I-90. Buses will not serve the westbound Rainier Flyer Stop in Seattle after 11 p.m.