Get the latest on this project in your inbox.
The Northgate Link Extension adds three new stations in Seattle, two underground (U District and Roosevelt stations) and an elevated station at Northgate, which will feature frequent bus connections, a park-and-ride and a bicycle/pedestrian bridge to North Seattle College.
- Open: 2021
- Length: 4.3 miles; 3 stations
- Service: Every 6 minutes during peak hours.
- Projected travel times:
- Northgate to University of Washington - 7 minutes
- Northgate to U District Station - 5 minutes
- Northgate to Westlake - 14 minutes
- U District to Westlake - 8 minutes
- Projected ridership: 41,000 - 49,000 daily riders by 2022
Follow tunnel path beneath UW
A look inside the completed tunnel
Trains will enter and exit the tunnel at Maple Leaf portal, just south of Northgate